Thread: 1939 Chrysler
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 10:56 AM   #54
mr.mud1

Re: 1939 Chrysler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Very nice work sir! It was a good idea putting the body back on the frame to do your patching. I wasn't going to on my 40 but it was a good thing I did. It didn't want to go back in the same place it rested for 70 years. I had a heck of a time getting the doors to open and shut again. Then again, I replaced the firewall and on the fords the toe boards are wood so that could have been part of it. I hope you can give that ride! My Aunt wanted a ride in the 40 before she passed away but unfortunately she passed away and it didn't happen. My wife is going on a trip during spring break so I think I will bring the 40 home and hit it for a good week and see how close I can get it.
thanks Ryan.i hope to get back to this old girl soon,the truck is almost done.i was lucky,the floor in this car was rotten but all the door closed real nice,hope i can keep it that way.there is no wood in these cars so it must've stayed fairly straight?there will be more pictures once i get back to it.you'll make some progress on yours when you can.it'll all work out.take care.Greg
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote