View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 09:17 AM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random pictures you took of your K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Series View Post
Here's the '90 k1500 with the '88 k2500 on the trailer. I brought the k2500 back home a year and a half ago after some body work(frame swap). Plan to have it driving soon.
I like that Sportside! Like the panel, too, but curious about the K2500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Love that service truck Tim. I’ve enjoyed the pictures you’ve posted of it in the past. I guess I’m in love because I’ve worked out of service trucks for a good while now.
Thanks. I always worked out of Reading service bodies on my old Chevy trucks. We even had the place that sold/installed them for the region right in Mt. Airy. I ended up ordering new ones for a couple trucks from them and they installed the one. I was known there as the old truck guy, since their business was about setting up new trucks for dealerships and municipalities. That one on the truck shown used to have a roof and doors on the back. I cut it off and used a Stepside tailgate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
Taken with my iPhone. Amazing what you can do with an iPhone these days. The last two are from videos with the phone.
That truck puts me dumbfounded and speechless. I think I might just like it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowrun View Post
Very cool truck and pics. I appreciate that you don't baby your truck. I drive my K's (and other less liked by this site truck designation prefixes) on the dunes and love having the opportunity to lock them in and let the motors show you what they have (or don't have LOL). At least the truck with quadrajets will let you know they are giving their all. I don't beat on them, but I do like to blow the cobwebs out every now and then.

From high def pics to pics of pics, below is my first K circa around '96. It was a '79 K10 Suburban I bought without an engine and then swapped in a built by me 454 I pulled out of a '79 1/2 ton suburban 2wd. Big blocks were the thing back then with the guys I hung out with. I still have the motor, trans, and t-case to hopefully go in a project some day. The rest of the truck is gone.

The pic is my parent's yard loaded up to go to Bull Gap sand hill in the middle of the Huron National Forest in Michigan to camp, party and drag race the '86 CR500 on the trailer up the hill. I still have the CR and the motorcycle trailer I that I had built back in the day. Have some pics from back then that I should post up some day.
That's right, run 'em and enjoy 'em! A truck can stay handsome being a truck. I worked out of mine while being mindful of keeping them nice. Not hard to do, and mud washes off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I'm still dailying the old orange unit when it's crap weather where I don't want to drive the Camaro. I've also drug home some less equal C trucks to help save some more K trucks. KisbetterthanC
See? Like this. Use that thang!!

Only picture (of a picture) I have of a '70 K/20 I had for a while in the late-90s. Someone had fixed it up real nice at one point. It had a 454 swapped but was pulled when I bought it. I had one for it, and ran it a while, but sold before doing much. I was going to restore it as a '70s-style 4x, rollbar, Daylighters, graphics, etc
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote