View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
Blown06

Project: "ResuWrecktion" '71 Custom Deluxe C-10

The truck:
1971 Custom Deluxe C-10, Long Bed Fleetside. Two tone blue & white, 350 (ZZ3 Crate engine) with TH 350.

I bought this truck from the original owner in the summer 1984. I worked my butt off hauling hay and working at a lumber yard to save the $1500 it took to buy it, I was a sophomore in high school! The original owner kept it in mint condition everything on it work, had a camper shell with wood paneling inside and carpet on the bed floor.

After several years of having my way with her, in 1990 I decided it was time for a rebuild. Had paint and body done with a smooth tailgate skin, interior was updated. Basically a 90 model seat and steering wheel with door panels, armrests and visors covered in the same style cloth as the new seat. Found a factory tilt wheel, added factory power brake booster and inserted new manual gauges in the factory cluster.

GM was just coming out with their crate engine program and I snatched up ZZ3 crate engine. Did a ton of head work and changed the cam and lifters, added a serpentine belt accessory drive system and some 8" Rally wheels. It was just about perfect!

It sat in my shop with a cover and would only get driven when I wanted to race or cruise. About 1999 or 2000 my buddy and I were drinking beer in the shop, he was struggling with finding a truck for his son to drive. Kid was a bout to turn 16, I reached into the desk drawer and tossed him the keys to ol' Blue. With the only stipulation of NEVER SELL the truck because one day I may want it back.

That day has come! I am calling this the ResuWrecktion because I am resurrecting my first truck from the wreck that she is now. So if you've made it this far, I'll get on to some pics.

Probably happier at this moment than the day I bought it.

The kid had a wreck, hit pretty hard in the front and has everything pushed to the right.

Truck has the cancer in spots that we're all familiar with on these trucks, rockers, cab corners and kick panels.

As you can see, I have my work cut out for me. I have owned literally a dozen of these trucks over the years but have always kept my first true love

This will be a slow build but should be fun, thanks for reading.
Blown06 is offline   Reply With Quote