Thread: 1939 Chrysler
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 05:38 PM   #55
mr.mud1

Re: 1939 Chrysler

well after a year or more,on the back burner,the old 39 Chrysler is getting some tlc.my truck that has been going back together in the thread called 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together, is back together,does run and just waiting on some spring weather to get back out and be driven.when i left the Chrysler,i had just put the body back on the frame for some repairs and start on a new floor.i didn't remember how bad the floor really was up front but the first section at the base of the firewall was not too bad,only a few rusty places on either end,so i repaired the original section and will re-use it.the next section back over the transmission was very good in the center but rotten on the left and right sides,so i re-cycled the center hump and made new sides.now i'll work back from there on the next section and so on right out to the tail of the car but there's nothing now to save i don't think.it all looks pretty rotten.here's a few pictures of the work started this week.more progress to come next week.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote