View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #46
68burbanontherocks

Re: 540 BBC 68 Burb Dually 54" Boggers on Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdstreettito View Post
Why wouldn't you use a 67-72 stepside fender and make it look like it's almost factory?
Well, thats a great question. A good buddy of mine has a 67 stepside and i grabbed one of his rear quarters and lined up on the truck and it just didnt look right. I think part of it was just vause with the stepside pannels theres an agressive swoop in the front where the wheel wells start. On the suburban it just didnt look correct cause with the 3 door style theres just a huge pannel on the drivers side that the elongated curve looks better and the stepside pannels looked like it stuck out a boat load like a big hump (hope that made sense). Secondly the quarters that were on it i already had and it was more of a convience factor. Finally i knew i was gonna have to hack them up regardless to widen the, for the larger wheelwells so i didnt wanna buy new fenders just to cut them in half and risk it looking worse. I think widening the wheelwell is a big risk as is and i think the quarters that are on it seem to look alright... great point though the thought did cross my mind.
Posted via Mobile Device
68burbanontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote