View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 06:57 PM   #94
Arne

Re: '64 C-10 Stalled Project Rescue

A little bit of cooling system work today, some temporary, some more permanent.

I drained the coolant to work on the thermostat housing and water neck. The 305 with the Edelbrock manifold had no place to install the early-style 2-terminal temp sender (for the dual Cold-Hot idiot lights), and I didn't like the angle off to the left of the 80's water neck. So I bought a simple forward outlet water neck and a 1シ" thermostat spacer with a ス" NPT port for the temp sender. That all went together fairly simply. While I had it all drained I bypassed the heater so that I can remove the factory system in anticipation of the future A/C system. I suspect I'm going to need to prep and paint the firewall where the heater sits, as it looks like the painter did not pull the heater prior to painting the engine compartment. Will be working on that later.

Tested the temp idiot lights, and the Cold light works properly now. Obviously didn't intentionally overheat the engine, so I can't verify that the Hot light works, but I see no reason now that it wouldn't. Maybe I'll go point my heat gun at the sender, that might do it...

Name:  IMG_4468 copy.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  64.1 KB

覧覧覧覧覧覧

Last edited by Arne; 01-07-2023 at 09:37 PM.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote