View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #24
Ranger6202

Re: lq4 6.0 swap into '85 Crew Cab Shorrbed

The other hang up i've had was trying to get my temp sender installation figured out. I initially bought the autometer adapter for a 1/8 temp sender i had sitting around, but the snout on the temp sender was too big to fit into the adapter. Not to mention, i don't even think the temp sender itself had the right ohms ratio to match my stock gauges. But i did try to drill out the inside of the autometer adapter and actually got the temp sender to fit. Problem is though, when i installed it and snugged it down, it broke the adapter threads off at the collar and so i had to use an easy out to back the brass threads out of the hole. I thought of buying the S&P adapter to fit my 1/2" stock sender, first they're spendy and second they're so freakin' long it looks ugly sticking out not to mention i was a lil worried about clearance with the A/C box. So i found where people have been Milling the stock 1/2" senders down and Dying them to 12mmx1.5. Turns out i have a friend at our church that machine's for a hobby. So I had him turn it down and dyed it for me and it fits like it belongs there. I HIGHLY recommend this approach. Looks good and is very easy to have done.
Name:  IMG_20120130_190010.jpg
Views: 7505
Size:  46.1 KB
Name:  IMG_20120130_190412-1.jpg
Views: 7469
Size:  55.4 KB
Ranger6202 is offline   Reply With Quote