View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #110
mjensen

Re: Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarts View Post
Got the fender cleaned up with a little dolly and hammer and some rage filler. Finished off this morning with some etching primer. The last photo is the original fender with damage. I will cut the fender where the red lines are and have 2 perfectly good replacement panels to use another day or sell on the forum. This mornings work was about 3 hours from start to finish. While filler was drying I was working on other items like remove trim and badges from old fender.

Next I will transfer over the upper trim holes that need to be drilled out and the GMC Custom 2500 badge. Will need to weld shut the other holes and then get a coat of filler primer on. I will remove the fender for that and then finish of with a coat of single stage paint to match which is left over from doing the rockers and floor.
I would love to follow along with how you repair that fender. I have a similar situation with the stock one from my truck. I imagine you are cutting it so you can get to the back side to do the metal work on it?

'69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Build Thread
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote