View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 05:40 PM   #746
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by raylube View Post
Tell me about how you do the penetrol and what you think about it. I just did my truck with penetrol but have been using boil linseed oil
It works great on old paint and rust, I do a CLR scrub first to get all the loose rust and oxidized paint off. I wipe it down and let it soak in then lightly buff it with a dry cloth before it dries to soak up the extra and give it a satin finish. Doesn't work well on new paint, it started looking milky on the fender and hood that I fake patina'd. Guess it needs old paint to soak into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTruckster65 View Post
Nice build. I think I missed it in here somewhere, why did you go away from the 4200 idea?
Thanks! From what I remember at the time the oil pan, flywheel, bellhousing, clutch/trans situation made it too much to bother with since I wanted a manual trans. I'm still undecided, I've thought about just finding a running small block and four speed to throw in it to get it on the road easily. Or a stock/cammed aluminum block 5.3 with a AR5 trans using Fabbot's adapter. Also thought about a 250 inline 6 with an AR5, and a single turbo and Holley Sniper efi. Who knows
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote