View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #60
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

So a few days later I sanded down the left rear fender/bed side and reshot the goof up:

A couple of days later the truck was back together. The repair came out a perfect match for the rest of the truck. Then I discovered how strange it is to photograph this finish, because to the camera it changes colors depending on the light:

And just for fun I took a shot with the 1963 black plate and original dealer frame it was wearing when purchased:

And then for fun I thought it would be interesting to see how it would look with a chopped top, which I think actually looks very cool:

And after having the glove box door in wrinkle black for many years, I decided it was time to paint it gloss black to match the rest of the dash. I used Tamiya Lacquer model car paint and it came out an exact color match to the PPG Lacquer on the dashboard:

Somewhere in there I also installed NOS door regulators, window winders, and door latches acquired through Ebay. And I fabricated a 5/16” steel plate to both lower and reinforce the front license plate.

Last edited by markeb01; 02-28-2012 at 01:08 AM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote