Thread: 55.2 Chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #81
Flames97

Re: 55.2 Chevy 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by papastrk View Post
Did you finish up the four link frame bracket mods? I think you were going to move them up on the frame. I read where the track bars on bagged suspensions need to be as long as possible due to large suspension travel. I guess the rear end will move quite a bit laterally if too short. I don't think bags would stand up to too much side to side movement. I didn't notice a track bar bracket welded in on your frame. Will you bolt it in place? Stay warm while welding the rest of the frame.
Yep, I finished that when I was reworking the whole rear suspension. And basically I moved everything up from its original location so it should all be the same as it was just an inch higher on the frame. And the track bar bolts to the lower bolt on one of the front 4-bar mounts and then to the opposite mount on the rear end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
A little at a time and you'll be surprised at what you can get done.
Looks nice.
Kim
Thanks Kim, your right, I've just been focusing on little goals at a time and when I get one little thing done move onto the next. All the little things add up to one big acomplishment. It helps to not get overwhelmed that way.

'15.5 Chevy Duramax LTZ/Z71, LML, CC/SB
'77 Chevy K10, 4" lift, 33-12.50, 350/350
'55 Chevy Short Box (In Pieces)MII,4-link,Bagged,383 Stroker,700r4,3.73posi (SOLD)
My 55.2 Chevy 3100 Build
Flames97 is offline   Reply With Quote