Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 12:12 PM   #1495
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Been a while singe I stopped in for a update. Excellent work as always. It would take a guy who hasn't followed this thread days to spit the trick stuff. Wheels are very period correct looking . Great choice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Ha ha. I can't spell. I meant to say it would take someone who hasn't followed this thread weeks to spot all the trick stuff. Not spit all the trick stuff. Lol. Can I blame this on auto correct ?
Thanks! i've said it before, most of the stuff i spent the most time on is the stuff that you never get to see. the mounts for the prefilter in the fuel line are some of the trickiest things, but you can hardly see what they are with no bed. put the bed on it and you dont even know its there.

I accept autocorrect as the perpetrator. happens to me all the time, even on my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I almost sent him the cast cummins rear freeze plug but was afraid he'd kick me in the nuts next time he saw me because the cummins one is about 1.5" thick. These billet ones are a lot easier to get in a tight firewall area. That missing clutch fork should be to White Rhino Fab by mid week next week.
it may have even fit. with the engine so low, it actually has some measure of room. im still glad you didnt though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
Holy cow you’ve been a busy boy Ryan! Your work looks great as always. If there was ever anybody I would allow to touch my truck with a wrench it would be you and Mosesburb Nick. The truck pictures in post 1468 make me feel funny in my pants. I can’t wait until you get this bad boy done and come with us on a weeklong off-road excursion somewhere in the Southwestern desert to enjoy these rides. You’re thread is huge so if you already mentioned it, I apologize but when is your road-ready completion date ETA?
Thanks Larry! a compliment like that is about enough to make a guys face turn red! you and Nick are a never ending reminder/inspiration for me to do it right and make it look good. i'm ready for it to be done, but my tendency towards the higher end parts and the rebuild and refinish as deeply as i can on the take out parts makes me slow. the flow of parts has always been directly related to the amount of cash i can spend without using a credit card or making the monthly bills skip a month. if the current pace is any indicator, i will have the drivetrain done very soon. as far as big systems after that i will have steering and HVAC to accommodate and i still need my DD guages. then its all the little stuff i cant remember and the rest of the electrical. i hope to be test firing the new engine while it is still cold and maybe driving it around the neighborhood this spring. there are a million little things that are left to do and figure out and probably as many dolla bills to spend on it. haha.

i set myself timeline goals, but my goal is to never stress the 'end' date so i can be focused on the details of it as i go. right now, my timeline goal is to be able to drive it to Iowa late in the spring. i have a buddy that has a get together for first gen cummins trucks around fathers day every year and even though i have a 2nd gen 12v and not a dodge, i still get the invite. id love to make it this year and show those dodge boys how you can have your cummins and still not have an ugly truck too.. hahaa

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote