View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
towrecker

Angry tall deck 427 63 c30 issues HELP !!

Hello, well the tall deck 427 is in and bolted in the truck , in the small block engine location , I did not move the mounts forward due to my truck still having the sm420 4 speed , had to do the 2 hammer trick on the fire wall to get the valve covers to to clear at the back of the heads , don't fear I did not do a bash job , you can't even tell I did it , I took my time ! moving the trans forward would have been a mess , and another 500 in cash no doubt 2 drive lines , I have a shaft driven pto on this truck , so I refused that idea right off , now for my issue , I had a set of factory 454 ambulance headers , I thought they would fit , nope , hit the drivers side engine mount , never even tried the passenger side , do doubt the same thing , I took my hot wrench , and a hammer and moved the tube in on the drivers side about a 1/4 inch hopefully wishing that would make it fit , no luck , and going any further will cut flow to much for a tow truck , so has anyone found anything that will fit ? everyone says that the 68-87 or whatever big block truck headers will fit it , with a dig to one tube , and some engine mount reliefing , because it is a tall deck , that seems ok with me if that is the case , I just hate to buy a 200+ set of headers that will not fit , and after you try and stuff them in , as you know they are your , I don't need wall art , I need exhaust lol , I am not above manifolds if they fit , someone please give me any real world info on this that you know is fact , if I need to buy a weld up kit , I can do that too ...
towrecker is offline   Reply With Quote