View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #15
mrein3

Re: Pre-fab exhaust systems

There is a lot of good information and some disinformation in this post.
The LMC kit is made by Hearthrob Exhaust in Litchfield, MN.
http://www.heartthrobexhaust.com/

When you order from LMC if you specify 4x4 you get pipes that come off your center dump (factory) manifolds.

If you specify 2wd you get pipes that come off your angle dump (factory) manifolds.

I own a long wheel base truck. The kit is made for long wheel base trucks (8 foot boxes) so I didn't have to cut a thing. The destuctions said you need to cut around a foot off of the long pipes for short wheel base trucks.

I have a 4x4, specified 4x4, and only had to fab one thing. Since it is dual exhaust and my truck came from the factory as single, I had to run to NAPA and purchase a generic exhaust hanger for the side that didn't orginally have one.

I am VERY pleased with this 'kit'. It was right around $200 to my front door. I installed it in December of 2001. In 8 years and approximately 12,000 miles I only have had to replace the mufflers once. In MN we go through a lot of mufflers. The salt and moisture eat from the outside in and the water in the exhaust attack them from the inside out so I ain't complaining about a thing.

I don't work for NAPA, Hearthrob Exhaust, or LMC
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote