View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 12:02 PM   #7
homemade87

Re: A/c wiring 5.3l compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOP3726 View Post
O.K. homemade87. I have the fans wired up with the three relays for the ECM to operate them from a ground. Not with the trinary switch. My truck has a Low pressure switch on the accumulator. Not sure if it has a high pressure switch. You said you have yours like this and you just used the original compressor clutch wire and everything works like it should. Is this correct? I can go back and add the ac wires that the ECM recommends to use, if possible, for the High and Low pressure switches. I would rather not because that will mean taking all of the wire loom back off and reworking the wire harness. Any other info will be greatly used.
Thanks.
If you do not have the high pressure trinary wires going to the ecm the fans will not work with the ecm at all . The ground trigger wires you have going to the relays from the ecm will not do anything . The trinary tells the ecm what to do for the fan trigger . All you will need to add is the high pressure trinary . I used the original truck low pressure switch and the original compressor clutch wire .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote