View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 09:11 AM   #69
special-K
Special Order

Re: the ls engine debackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
We’re not “supposed” to do anything. Build it which ever way puts the biggest smile on your face.

That’s the beauty of these trucks. They can be built so many different ways and in so many different styles.
Where's that like button? Look here people, this is not marriage. You can love more than one engine. In my harem are many. All for different reasons, and I'm just talking GM. If you really know engines and what makes them do what they do, you can appreciate several engines for their individual attributes. Personally, I have a thing for the Pontiac engines and really want what they give in my short bed w/M22. I'd like to sit in my truck behind one of those and drive that engine around. The truck is an era build hot truck vibe. I'm playing on the fact that until some point later in '67, GMC didn't offer a V8. Looking at the GMC-Pontiac being put together at dealerships I see a perfect swap. Afterall, GMC did use Pontiac engines before the V6 and before Chevy. I see no place for an LS in this scenario. I love the engines of the '60s and have for so long. I will continue to love them with no reason to change. I can recognize the value of the LS engines. I think they are great engines. If I need what they offer over the old engines I'll see about one
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-10-2020 at 10:45 PM.