View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #29
tlcrz1972

Re: Barn find - Should I be nervous??

OK I thought about this a little bit, don't be so concerned about making a "rookie mistake" I promise you everyone here has done it. You have an advantage, you have this forum. 27 years ago I didn't have this forum just the knowledge that I learned from being around the automotive world.

Now to let you know I made a "rookie mistake" then, but it wasn't all bad I learned from the truck, found out about the 67-72 trucks and have had my mistake now for 27 years this month. And I really can't say it's been all bad. Yes I learned from it, but if your not getting your feet wet you'll never learn about these great old trucks that are still being driven, fixed up, and of all things looks downright awesome going down the road after all these years.

Next time you see one of the current Chevrolet adds on and they show the guy in the new truck passing an old 71-72 and waving, it kinda gives me a great sense of accomplishment that I am one of those guys in the old truck.

So don't sweat it, were here to guide you down the road.

You'll have fun with the truck, guaranteed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Well being this would be my first c10 purchase, I wanted to be well armed with info to make sure I do not make a "rookie" mistake. With the great feedback and advice I can't wait to go look at the truck again. I will be sure to post if the deal goes down.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by tlcrz1972; 08-23-2013 at 10:19 PM.
tlcrz1972 is offline   Reply With Quote