View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 11:19 AM   #154
Chaparralman1974

Re: My 1967 Chevy K20 Build Thread

I next moved onto the carburetor. It was trashed. Mice had made a home out of it and the throttle shafts were seized in place. Nothing on it moved freely and the throttle body plate was corroded beyond help. At some point, someone tried to force the primary throttle shaft to move and twisted it. I tore the entire thing down, soaked everything in carburetor cleaner and then removed the brass tubes, needles, seat, jets, etc. and cleaned out every passage with welding tips. I was able to find another throttle body on eBay and then got a complete rebuild kit from Quadrajetpower.com. They have some AMAZING videos on the quadrajet rebuild process and I found that by and large this was a fairly easy rebuild. Once I got all of the parts, I was able to get the carburetor completely rebuilt. I also have been playing around with Caswell black oxide treatment to refinish all of the hardware on the truck. The carburetor has been no different. I blasted all of the screws, nuts, bolts, etc. and gave them a good treatment with the black oxide solution. This stuff really gives a nice looking rust free treatment that should allow them to live for another 60 years!
Attached Images

Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote