View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #81
Mustard72

Re: 72 C20 "Old Mustard"

Got my engine block, heads, and a box of pistons/rods in the back of the mighty Taurus wagon today. I'm gonna try to get them dropped off at the engine guy's shop this week. He's gonna do the machining and go through the heads. If nothing else, it makes for some extra room in the garage

Also got the drivers side door put back on, the drivers side rear pillar bottom tacked in, and started getting the drivers side rear cab corner welded in before running out of time for the day. The piece I put in between the cab corners ended up being quite a bit too short, so I'll have to fill that in with some extra sheet metal, too.

Got along with the welder better today. Kept the nozzle pointed down a bit more than last time, which kept globs of weld from building up in it. That kicked my tail last time. Don't know what I was thinking. I'm still not much of a welder, but it's getting better. By the time I get done with this, I should be mediocre!!!

I must say that the doors work better now than they've ever worked since I've had this truck. I get a kick out of just opening and closing the doors at this point. You can get them to latch with one finger push. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to take them off at some point again, so hopefully I can get them back in the same spot. Where can a fella get the rubber bumpers that the doors close against (I think there's two on each door)? I can't seem to find them in the LMC catalog.
Attached Images

Old Mustard, 1972 Chevy C20, 350, TH350, 4.10 Dana 60 rear, owned since I was 16 in 1986
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=545356

Blue Bell, 1987 K20, 6.2L Diesel, TH400/NP208, 4.10 gears

Ustahav 1976 K10, 350/350/203, Gov Loc, Yooper beater trail truck.
Mustard72 is offline   Reply With Quote