View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #30
burnin oil

Re: K30 Downgrade to Cummins Project

Factory bolts are good to around 35lbs. Some more and some less. Alot of people retorque them before hitting it with increased boost. I would strongly suggest doing the pump mods right after the motor is up in running. Power difference is like swapping a 250 six for a big block. The other thing is the higher RPM gov springs let it fuel harder at a given RPM. In other words the pump wont start running out of fuel at 2200 RPMs. The tighter turbo housing also effects AFC fueling. I am not an expert on rotary pumps but that is the way the inlines function. Diesel wrencher is pointing you the right way and correct me if I am wrong on the rotary pumps function. Unless you decide to go twin turbos, which you said cheap and simple so that is out, keep the exhaust housing tight and the motor will be alot more responsive. Diesels run oxygen rich so you want to keep it inhaling as much clean air as possible. Diesels blow black because there is not enough oxygen, not because of fueling. Usually hopped up diesels dont have the air flow to keep up with the fuel mods and that is why you see them rolling coal. It is just stupid easy to add fuel beyond the available airflow.
burnin oil is offline   Reply With Quote