View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 09:41 AM   #2580
jocko

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1vintage69 View Post
Good price on that truck. glove box spid does not seem like the original. no a/c listed and no tool box. well worth the price and it's located south of Vancouver Wa. so USD
Good observations - if buying this as a resto project or for originality, I'd definitely want to verify SPID vs cab tag VIN (and/or frame VIN). If buying as a good ol truck to enjoy and spuce up, still seems like a pretty decent deal - but IF one is interested in a 3x VIN match, looking close is a good idea. Even if not buying to fully resto - I'd want to make sure the VIN on the title matches the VIN on the cab metal tag, at a minimum. If that's all good, there should be no legal issues (depends where you live I guess). But yes, good catch on the SPID - no a/c, at a minimum, means that this cab was not born with this SPID, unless very carefully added later. Probably not the case though. Not sure where I gathered this was in Canada, ha. I know there were a few different CL area postings, but yes, in US, thanks for mentioning US$.