View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 08:32 PM   #30
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 90 crew 1 ton Cummins 47re swap

Just build your own pick up tube. I have done it several times. You heat the brass or solder joint that holds the OEM pick up in the sending unit. Or you can even drill a new hole if the fuel sender is attached to the stock pick up. But you drill a 3/8" hole and use 3/8" line. Bend it how you need it, put a 30* slash cut on it and place it about 1/16" or 1/8" off the bottom of the tank. Braze or solder the new tube in. You can flare the end for a hose, or even add a tube nut before you flare it.

Now on the air removing pumps.... They do do a nice job of removing the air from the fuel. But that does you 0 good when your pump motor craps the bed and you are in BFE, or anywhere for that matter. Very few people stock those motors so now you are down and out. I have had horrible issues with the Fass pumps losing prime the last 2 to 3 years and that leads to mad customers. Who do you think they call when FASS doesn't answer? I'm just trying to save you some head aches. Supposedly FASS has redesigned the new versions to fix this but IDK. I quit selling them.

I also agree, get that load sense valve out of their. hey just create more head aches than they're worth IMO.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote