View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 07:37 PM   #13
88Stanger

Re: Major brake issues, help please

Ok, got new Wilwood adjustable prop valve. Bled the master cylinder, then attached the prop valve and bled it. I then attached the master to the brake booster, then blocked off the front port on the master cylinder and added a pressure gauge to the rear port. Pressed brakes and get a reading of about 1000lbs, reversed this and got the same. Then i for giggles, i started the truck (LSMotor) and get about 12" of vacuum at idle without it being tuned. Then i hit the brakes and get about 1500lbs of pressure on each, it did help to rev the motor a bit to get the vacuum up a bit, again just for giggles.
So now i installed all new brakes lines, front and rear. Checked for any leaks, none.
Now, i go to the passenger side rear to do the brake bleed, having buddy to the pumping of the brakes, i turn the brake bleeders and some fluid comes out, not alot, but some and not under much pressure, but he gets nothing at the pedal. This is different than the fronts. If i do the front brakes, the pedal moves towards the floor as i turn the bleeder screw and bleed the front brakes, but this does not happen to the rear. We continue to bleed the rear and still nothing, no pressure at brakes shoes. I unscrewed the banjo fitting from the left side and asked my buddy to press the brakes pedal and tell me if he feels the pedal move, he said he did a bit.
Bascially, if i smash the rear brakes to the floor, i an still rotate the rear wheels if in neutral.
Any other ideas? Damn i just want to drive the damn thing!!!!
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote