View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #6
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: A little problem with "A-P" member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck5566 View Post
A-P, You didn't know that the Center Link was Year Specific other wise you wouldn't have Advertised it as fitting for a 68 truck like you did. Some parts can fit other years but then you have to understand about the parts other parts & items that make it all work. You advertised a 68 Center Link which happens to need 5/8" threads inner tie rods. What you sold me was a Center Link for a 71-72 C10 truck that uses a 11/16" threaded inner tie rods. LOOKING AT ONE CENTER LINK AND LOOKING AT ANOTHER CENTER LINK BOTH LOOK THE SAME, Its when you hookup all the other parts that go with it it is then you know what fits and what don't fit. I guess you didn't read my reply when I ask you does it "Positively" fit the 68 C10's and from the next post you came back with $50 hows that sound LMK. That in it self is admitting you had a part for a 68 C10 you thought. Your comment about the CraigsList thing well that's a place that gets away with ripping people off. You on the other hand belong to a Site/Forum that Strives its self in knowing and giving out the right answers. Bottom line here is you sold a part that does not work with a 68 C10, It was & is used for a 71-72 C10. You maybe made a honest mistake in really not knowing what your truck had on it when you stated it came off of your 68 C10 so it should fit any others 68 C10's BUT THE REALITY IS YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SELLING & WHAT YOU SOLD ME WASN'T THE RIGHT FITMENT FOR A 68 C10. I have taken it to some Auto Parts stores and had a 68 Tie Rod put on and guess what It Doesn't Fit. YOU WASN'T BEING HONEST IN WHAT YOU SOLD. MAN UP TO THE PROBLEM YOU CREATED. I have seen & read others having this same kind of problems & the original seller made it right in what ever cost it took.
Buyer should also positively known what he's buying if it its that specific and hard to find. I might have shown up with a caliper and some measurements or at the very least had rod ends in hand to test fit because its that specific and I'm driving a long way for this. Knowing what I'm buying is very specific to 68 I would have left without it if it didn't checkout thinking he made a MISTAKE.

You show up don't match it up with what you need and take the wrong part home you should cover return costs and you should also get your cash back when its returned. If he took it off a 68 its a damn good assumption it fits 68 trucks.

I think in the end as knowledgeable as you are on the part as you state above you actually didn't know what you were buying. Even after seeing it, not checking it and knowing the thread sizes as you state above you took it anyway so don't lay all the blame on him. Your half owner in this problem as you call it.