View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 09:40 PM   #16
ck5566
Account Suspended

Re: A little problem with "A-P" member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Here's the part of the problem.
If there were three center links laying on the ground.
One 63-70, one 71-72, and one 73-87,.... Would you know which one to buy just by looking at them?
I know there is a difference, but I couldn't pick out the correct one.
Not without a known correct inner tie Rod to fit up to the centerlink.

Take this as a lesson learned about being informed on what you are buying.
These old trucks have been around a long time and parts get changed.

Better yet, become a Subscribing member and post the wrong part up for sale, in a thread of your own..
People are always looking for good centerlinks since they aren't reproduced.
Someone that is converting to disc brakes and using 71-72 spindles might need your part.

Good luck with you project.
First of all I didn't know that there is three different Center Links for these 63-70,71-72, 73-87 trucks. But I Unfortunately ($$.$$) had to find out the hard way.
Let me ask you something here, If you didn't know what the part was for would you just pick from out of the air a year and say that's what it fits & later when the person had mentioned it to you that it didn't fit would you just say well it fit my car/truck. Like its been said before these trucks are an average of 44-49 years old and just might have any thing on them with that in mind the seller should know a little bit more about the items he's selling then the buyer. Look a mistake was done wrong where is the Pride in people these days. People need to Man or Women up too there Mistakes. I guess from what I have learned from here is that many of you have been screwed or taken for a ride and you all have gotten pretty Calloused over it being done to you. Horse Thieves would have got Hanged.