View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 03:07 PM   #19
ck5566
Account Suspended

Re: A little problem with "A-P" member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
I have no idea why I am getting involved in this and responding. It sounds like neither one of you knew what it was. (check your words above). If you didn't know, then how would you expect him to know? You agree that the wrong parts might end up on our trucks. I doubt the guy listed it with the intention of defrauding owners of 68 C10 pickups.

If A-P admitted in writing that he was wrong and would refund, then he is obligated to honor it whether right/wrong.

Let's look at this from another point of view. I'm cruising through a pick-pull auto wrecking yard and find a 68 C10. COOL! I need this center link. I pull it and go home. Later I discover that it doesn't work, because some previous owner put the wrong one on. I then take it back for refund/exchange. Do I stomp and throw a fit because they won't pay me for my gas? My local yard won't even give me cash back! Only store credit for future purchase.

I think this was an honest misunderstanding. Nobody stole your horse. I would list it for sale, and move on. Have you proven for sure that it is 71-72 if you re-sell it to someone else? If you think you have been defrauded, go to small claims court.
Look every body has or needs to live up to a Honor System. He posted a part that was for a 68 & it ended up for a 71-72 fitment only. MY self I do live up to a Honor System & when something goes wrong I WILL DO EVERY THING TO MAKE IT RIGHT. Most of you I guess has missed the part that I ask'd him to send me the Shipping charges to sent it back to him and will do every thing to get the lowest price for him. Since I have already spent a 1/2 days driving & 3/4 tank of gas to get the "honest mistake" wrong part that has cost me $100 already, and when returned to him and getting my refund of $50 then it boils down to I will have had to spend over $100 (gas) and 1 days worth of extra mileage on my car for NOTHING. Honor is ever thing but when you don't have it becomes Chaos just what this Worlds headed for these days and its why some people don't give a rats a $ $ about in what they do or say to others. I ENLISTED in the Vietnam war they didn't have to grab me off the streets against my will, I'll say it again I ENLISTED so don't give me that "honest mistake" crap! The Courts will not handle a $50 dispute anyway. I guess the Administrators & Moderators also don't care as I haven't heard anything from then in a week now. From them at least give me a acknowledgement that they have read my complaint