View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 08:01 PM   #785
MTCK

Re: 1991 V3500 Project Heavy Hauler

Right now the plow truck is getting the back half painted to match the front, but with less dents and rust holes. When it gets out of paint jail the crew cab can go in. Sorry j-rod I couldn't do DOT orange for the K30. Plan for this truck is to go back to original after taking her down to bare metal to get rid of all the early 90's primer issues.

Our work still continues and I needed to get to Seward where our boats were loading and a job in Whittier. Figured the best way to stay out of hotels and off airplanes was to drive the camper. Plus doing my part to help Alaska's economy and burn some petrol. She did the first 600+ miles without a hiccup. pulling down about 9 mpg at 60-70 mph. Then she just turned off...

Died on the side of the Seward highway about 20 miles from Anchorage. I had the truck towed to a buddy's place. I could hear fuel pumps cycling both sides and after it sat a while it would crank back up. That made me think ignition problem. No SES light and no codes. I replaced the coil and ignition control module and took off home from Anchorage but it did the same thing again. A buddy subsequently suggested checking a stuck breather. The way the canister is plumbed I think there is a y that goes to both tanks and a single line to the front of the truck which could make sense. Long story long I grabbed a work truck in ANC that needed to come north and she will be home after a right on the back of a semi later this week. Dang it.
Attached Images

1991 V3500 L29 454 4L80E NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's
1984 K30 292 TH400 NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's flat bed 7'6" Meyer Plow
2022 Silverado 3500 L8T
Project Daily Driver
Project Heavy Hauler
Project Plow Truck
MTCK is offline   Reply With Quote