View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 06:24 AM   #1012
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
Dug,
I haven't gotten that far yet on my envoy swap but I plan to use the stock envoy unit as well. will modify the motor to fit the application. that way I can use the envoy switch and have pulse etc. from the factory switch and also easily find another motor if needed later, no waiting for a whizzie aftermarket modified unit that is a one off. not saying there is anything wrong with the aftermarket one of a kind units, just saying, years down the road a stock envoy motor will still be available likely,if required. I am trying to keep that trend through my build so I can source a part from a local vendor if required when on a road trip.
keep the updates coming, it keeps me and others interested in our builds. maybe I will have time to work on mine after the summer "break" holiday time.
nice job on your truck, it looks great.
I agree with your approach entirely. Challenges include using the '59 factory closure cowl hardware, adapting the late model splined end (part the wiper arm slides over) to '59 shaft and creating mounting points for the assembly. I believe I'll buy a Rivnut gun or at least some rivnuts. Pretty tight under the dash so mounting points will be a challenge to create. Should have done this project with cab tilted on its' firewall. Thanks for all the help over the years. dug
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote