View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #17
Old Yeller 1970
DON'T TREAD ON ME

Re: Brighter Instrument Bezel Lights - But not with LED's

I'm listening to you guys on the LED's and may still go that route. However, I had a set of 194 LED's and still wasn't satisfied with the brightness. If there is a particular one that works better than others I'm interested.

I agree the 921's are most likely going to cause trouble. I grabbed a couple of 904's ($3.00 for the pair) which have the lowest rating and took a few more pics.

The first one is with the 921's on the right and the 904's on the left. For the record the packaging on the 904's said they were for instrument bezels. However, byrd I think your warning about burning out the PCB is well taken. I have a cluster out of a '71 that is burnt right were you've talked about.

The second one is with the 904's still on the left and the 168's back on the right for camparison purposes. As you can see there isn't as much difference although the Amp and Temp gauge are much better lit on the side with the 904's and the lighting at the outer edges of the Speedometer is better than the Fuel gauge.

Third pic is where I attach the alligator clips. I believe the screw just to the right of the clips is the one byrd said is prone to burn out. Correct?

1LoC10, thanks for the pic. For a minute I thought your Tach was showing 4000 RPM's. Then I realized it was your time to shift indicator.
Attached Images