View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #41
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Re: Steering Wheel Options - 72 C10

[/QUOTE] I know no one can really give me a 100% correct answer since it is a prefernence issue, as well as my comfort, but I'm just
kinda curious as to what sizes seem to be the most common because they offer comfort with good turning radius, et
c.[/QUOTE]

Okay. You are correct. Also, factor in "tilt"? Or "power steering"? Seats? Where's your gas tank?

Here's my story: When I started this build three and a half years ago I was fatter. I'm 5'8" and still way too fat. But much smaller in the gut now than
before. But still.

When I started, I had a non-tilt column, bench seat, and power steering. Gas tank in the cab. So, I got this small wheel. It's 13.75", outside diameter.

During the build, I came up with buckets and the tilt column. I guess most folks don't like the design factor (non-stock) aspect of the smaller wheel.
But I've always liked the look and feel of them. And, with power steering, the leverage benefit of the larger wheel is moot.

So, I'm very happy with this steering wheel. Leather and wood. A good combo, I think.

Here are a couple of shots. Funny, when I backed in this morning I didn't turn the wheels straight.
But you get the point...it's about size, right?
Attached Images

But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote