View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 10:04 PM   #9
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: Nominations TOTM November 2006

I was nominated...
Thank you.
My ride is more interesting, than it is nice. There is no one portion, that stands out head and shoulders above the crowd, but, it is better than the average daily driver beater.
While the truck is broke down at this moment, it'll be back up and running with a freshly rebuilt TH350 before the end of this contest, so it does fall within the rules.
I recieved this truck as a gift from selected board members, and went to PA with longhorn jeff, to pick it up in april of 02. She looked pretty bad, had a pontiac 350 that was pretty sick, and a pontiac TH350 that was questionable at best. (hey, it DID handle my right foot and a big block for over a year)

She sat in my driveway for a couple years with a cad 425 bolted in, but the swap wasn't completed untill I freed up my wallet from the constraints of a bad marrige. 6 months after moving out, I had it on the road... scared the neighbors, and had lots of fun... for a day and a half... when I blew it up.
Well, my now ex-girlfriend got sick of seeing me in a stinkin lincoln, so she got me the holy grail of (factory) torque monster big blocks... a caddy 500.
Stabbed that sucker in, slapped some primer on the mis match panels, and gave her hell. if I was rollin.... I had smoke coming off the right rear;

Doing a little of this, and a little of that to her, she has become a little more neighborhood friendly, and a bit nicer to cruise around town in.
Some chump on e-bay sold me these seats, with brackets for 120 bones...to my door. (Don't ask, i don't remember his ID)

A van tilt and a trans am wheel adds to the comefortable cruising;

The body is a conglomoration (sp???) of parts. The 69 grill and front (junk) fenders came off my old truck, the hood was given to me by a board member last summer, passenger door and cowl are both from my first longhorn, and the bed is leftovers from another board member up in Michigan who donated a rolling chassis with bed...all from Oklahoma. (When i say donated, that means I drove 400 miles to get the junk out of his yard) The tailgate is there for pure function, as it's form has chainged over the years.... being that the skin is falling off, but it was a $25 junk yard find, so I ain't complaining...I have one up in Toledo that is just shy of mint. I really need to go get that sucker.