View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 06:39 AM   #131
jaros44sr

Re: Project; Divorce Therapy ( 72 SWB 4x4 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM/10 View Post
Jaros;

A 33 pounder anywhere in the lower 48 is a respectable fish !!! It took me 2 trips to Alaska to catch a 50. There getting hard to come-by even up there. The big netters just out side the mouth of the rivers are decimating the runs. On the Kenai they have emergency limits or even shut down the sport fishing if the runs are too small. Last yr if I caught that fish I'd have to have let it go, 55" or bigger to keep it.

Anyway a 50 pound fish was my goal to have one mounted, and I got it !!!
Now I have to find a wall big enough for it ! "LOL" My girl friend hates the damn thing, so I told her she needed to be careful or she may end up next to it ! "LOL"
Thanks for your response, and sorry to hear about the fish stocks up there! Ive always dreamed of making a trip up there just to fish in the wild...

Ive spent 25-30 years fishing the salmon river, lots of fun trips. That 33 pounder was a female loaded with eggs, she was just to beautiful to keep, so i let her go. Boy, but what a fight and thrill she gave me. 10 1/2' 8 weight Sage rod that i was just learning use, seems that i was getting to good at catching fish on my noodle rod, so my boys made me switch over to fly gear

Only mounted one fish in all the years, and it is a 17 pound steelhead, caught in feb. and it was 6 degrees, my new personal record for temperature. Hes on my wall in my workshop, and reminds me of all the great fishing trips ive had over the years....

Sorry for my long winded response, but it is my second passion in life, right behind these rusty old trucks. Maybe someday well be able to swap fishing stories over a beer

Looking forward to your progress reports on your truck

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 08-04-2013 at 06:47 AM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote