Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 09:19 PM   #1031
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
It's just my opinion but I think some of the guys get too wrapped up in these roll-over vents. Don't get me wrong, they're a good idea, but my truck is not a daily driver. It's a nice weather weekend driver. As such, I decided to go with just a venting system. I'm not looking to start a whole discussion on roll-over vents. This was just my decision not to use one.

If you look at the Rick's Tank in the picture, you'll see two vent locations. I was told to tie both of those together into a section of fuel hose and coil it up near the bottom of the bed, or on top of the tank. Rick's also said if I wanted to use just one of the connections I could try it to see if it works alright. I plugged the one connection and installed a barbed fitting on the other. I ran my vent line up inside the passenger side bed wheel well where it is concealed and protected. It is higher then the fill connection, which is what I wanted.
I was told same thing, but the more I look at how the factory engineers design these today and have been doing for long time I figured this wasn't something I shouldn't take lightly. If you get into a crash, you wouldn't want fuel spilling out on ground especially if the cab is downhill of tank and fuel is running towards you, then something ignites that fuel while your trapped inside.

That's my reasoning anyway. By putting the vent in the cap, the cap seals off the vent when driving. Then the rollover vent (separate vent from fuel filler) allows heat expansion and etc during sitting and driving, but cuts off fuel during rollover. Plus it's tiny compared to the 1/2" vent inside fuel fill cap. 1/2" vent line would spill quite a bit of fuel out during a wreck pretty quickly.

I like this forum for everyone's opinion, whether I use that advice or not it's good to hear what everyone does so we can all make our own final decisions. No right or wrong, just what we do right?

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 12-15-2020 at 01:07 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote