Thread: The Pig Rig!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 10:43 PM   #72
ericjon262

Re: The Pig Rig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
The stretch from Terrace BC up to Watson Lake YT (the 90 degree turn right on the line) is the Cassiar Highway (37, I think). Very beautiful; don't miss Boya Lake! The side trip down to Stewart past Bear Glacier is well worth it, though I guess there is a lot less ice now than 40 years ago when the toe of the glacier was clear down to the water right across from the road.

I wonder how one would handle a fuel pump failure on the road ??? I guess start with a brand new one and hope for the best
I'll most likely start with a brand new one. I have a 40 gallon tank to put in it now and am debating on whether or not to install it before the trip. if I put the 40 in, It will definitely have a new pump, and I may or may not carry a spare. probably not as they don't really fail too often... (knock on wood...)

I appreciate the trip plan feedback more than you can imagine. I have never been to Alaska and I really don't have a plan. I made a goal about 6 months ago to drive to all 50 states, Alaska being the last hard one to get to. if you're wondering, I already have Hawaii checked off. I worked in the engineroom on a vessel that transited to Hawaii so I count that.

My trucks don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
ericjon262 is offline   Reply With Quote