Thread: The Pig Rig!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 12:11 AM   #74
ericjon262

Re: The Pig Rig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjon262 View Post
I've been bleeding the hell out of my brakes, and I need to wake up and face the music that my master cylinder is the wrong size. the JB5 master I have stock, has 2 different size, pistons, one smaller, one larger. The JB7 master has 2 larger, same size pistons about 1/2 way inbetween the JB5 pistons, which partially explains my soft mushy pedal. unfortunately, the larger master, uses smaller fittings on one port, which would be more difficult to adapt compared to larger ports. I have found another master, that's slightly bigger, with one port the same size as my stock lines, and one slightly bigger that I may be able to adapt to with a bushing, but, then I have to worry about pedal response, if I use the larger master, will I be pushing a rock to stop the truck? the larger master would have approximately 10% more area compared to the "correct" master. they're both relatively inexpensive, so I think I'll try the larger master since it will require less work to fit, and see how the truck responds.
something of note here:

never trust parts store info. on the Oreilly auto parts website, they list the 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks as having different size brake master fittings, they are swapped front to back, but are not different sizes.

My trucks don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
ericjon262 is offline   Reply With Quote