View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 03:49 PM   #2
MARTINSR

Re: fender fix/repair?

Man, that is a tough one. Cutting that fender and welding the piece onto the one with the well is NOT easy. A patch, cutting off the bottom and welding it on, piece of cake. But that area up there is pretty tough, I am thinking by the time you get it done you could have fixed the old fender.

Now, if you had a really rough fender that was wasted but that one section was good, hell yeah, cut it off and see how nice it fits and see if you want to keep going. But to cut up your best rough fender, that sucks.

This is the thing I am thinking about, and this is a big one. There is a very real possibility that those fenders aren't shaped the same there! That one with the spare wheel well may be completely different from the stamping! If they had a whole different dies, and made the fender on them, without a doubt it could be different. If they made the cut one from basic stamped well-less fenders and simply modified them, they could still be different. A slightly different shape could make doing that a LIVING HELL.

So if I personally didn't have another fender to cut up and give it a try I would be leaning towards repairing the well-less fender.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote