View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 09:58 PM   #2
Skellington

Re: Ryan's 3-hundo C1500

After getting the engine running on the first day, I figured I should get the parts to make it drive. It was a 1/2 off weekend at the local parts yard, so I figured I would take a look. I am normally used to collecting parts for very rare foreign cars, so seeing 100+ vehicles that would trade parts with mine made me a little gitty. I pulled a bunch of parts for my truck, and a few for others. I paid $149 out the door for: bucket seats from a suburban, non cracked oem tail lights, a leather S10 steering wheel that I liked,

A 3.41 open diff. It was on a low mile vehicle.

A set of caps that I will be painting, 2 door handles, interior lights, dash switches, a matching spare, and other random bits.

I installed the diff, bled the clutch, and took the truck for a ride. It drove nicely and did a few doughnuts to check the diff. It didn't explode, so we did something right. Once the engine warmed up, it smelled like lawn clippings which gave me a little laugh. I was running out of time, so I bolted on the steering wheel. It looks great, but occasionally honks on its own while turning (ill have to mess with it later). I also set the seats in place.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d5&oe=5BBD7157

I took the rest of the stickers off. Who ever was previously doing it gouged the paint down to primer. The paint is crap so it doesn't really matter.

I then pressure washed the moss and grime off the truck. It doesn't look too bad for an old lawn service / forest service truck.

It was time for me to go home, so I had to park the truck in the field until my next trip to work on it.

I can't wait till my next trip to work on it.
Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote