View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
ezrider01

Post Father / Daughter ’70 Short Bed Resto…

Earlier this year my Daughter, 16 at the time, was watching me finishing up with my 1972 Corvette Resto Mod project. She said, “dad…I really wish I could restore my own vehicle like you did the vette”. I replied….”sweetie, you can do whatever you put your mind to”… and here our journey begins on this project.

I asked my daughter to decide what kind of vehicle she would like to make her own and enjoy for many years to come. Couple months later she cam back to me and said she really liked the ’70 Chevy or GMC. She decided on a Chevy C10 shorty fleet side, metal floor. I said “metal floor”…let’s do wood for a really great look…but she wanted what she wanted.

Another month or so went by and we finally located what “seemed to be” a workable baseline project out in GA….we live in the southwest…Rio Rancho, NM. So July of this year it gets to us…started the major disassembly out in the carport in case any critters made the journey from GA…no issue there.

So finally my wife, daughters and I moved the truck into the garage to continue disassembly. I know pics of projects speak 1000s of words, so I will try to post updates often.

Our plan for this project is to take it down to the frame and do a complete restore. The frame and body panels will be fixed or replaced to rid of any and all rust. I will do a 100% engine and tranny rebuild and put it mostly back into stock form. We plan to level out the stance…convert to disk brakes in front and 5 lug all around. PO had 22” wheels, looked good but went to 20” wheels already, personal preference. My daughter hasn't fully decided on body moldings yet, definitely will be in a mid night blue scheme. My main priority will be safety and reliability and yes it will be costly but it will be fun. Enjoy the story and pics.
Attached Images

Last edited by ezrider01; 12-14-2016 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Add pics.
ezrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote