View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 PM   #9
70gmcjimmy
GMCDAC

Re: model cars/trucks

Hello all,
This stuff is always close to my heart. I dig models, shelf queens and functional. Stock cars are the subject matter I prefer.

SpecialK, that is a great pickup/camper combo. If it wasn't on those landscaping blocks, it would be damm hard to tell it aint real!

CDowns, That 10 cent car is great! I think I recognize the tires (Well 3 of em) from some old AMT modified kits from the 60s. Everything appears to be carefully hand made with great skill! I was always dig seeing hand-made headers.

These don't really qualify as models but they were still a lot of work to just go wreck on a slot car track. They are about 2-1/4 inches long. The Devil Woman car is a loose representation of the late country singer Marty Robbins first full-size dirt track car. This was on his Devil Woman album cover from about 1963 or 4. He had raced TQs and midgets before stepping up to the big cars . He went on to dabble in NASCAR Winston cup quite regularly.

The orange one is of a late local racer, Roy Dean Liebig from about '68-'71.

I built, painted and lettered them about 4 years ago, and still wreck 'em when I get a chance.

Cool thread---Later---DAC
Attached Images

Rest In Peace Mom. "Dolly" 7/15/23 - 5/18/09
GMC driver for 30 years!

70gmcjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote