Old 06-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #1369
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

Know this is a awesome looking Dually no big rims or insane drop
just low and slick

this guy was the original builder and owner for 20 years is on dieselplace

Quote:
I sure miss her. It was a chic magnet till the new duallies came in to play, then I got fat and married. I'll have to find some picks when I was pulling my 28' weekend warrior fiver to the desert. Never got stuck neither..... The dude that bought it drove it from so cal to nor cal and the last i spoke to him he has to leave it at home because too manny people stiil pull him over and offer to buy it. A man can still be proud even 800 miles away
Quote:
I bouugt the 81 Dually on my 21st birthday 1987. It was beat up a little. The paint and body took 6-months and nearly $10K in 1989. My old buddy Dave W. at Fabtech notched the frame just a little and in installed air bags. I also used it to tow a 28' Weekend Warrior, had a custom goosneck hitch for my truck only. Interior was OK, just ran out of money and had to move on. The engine compartment also wasn't finished. It was just a sunday driver for the last 10 years.

Enjoy, I sure miss that truck. Chicks Dug It!

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.