View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 10:01 AM   #59
loudchevy

Re: BUILD: 1970 C10 LWB “Jumping Cholla”

Slow moving the last month or so on the C10. Been stripping old paint from the cab, core support, and wheel wells. It a slow dirty process using a SCT and a hand grinder. I got the majority of the cab, core, and wells cleaned up. I didn't remove all the interior paint on the rear cab and ceiling. It's really not in terrible shape so I might just sand it and spray my primer over it. All the other smaller and hard to reach areas of the parts will be cleaned up with a sand blaster. Overall there is zero to no rust on the cab (all of the rust was removed when I did the rockers and adjacent floor). I plan on spraying this myself (it will be my first paint job) and I wanted to get the wheel wells cleaned up so I use those as practice before spraying the cab. Once primed, I'm gonna hit the under cab with some Raptorliner. I saw Chaparralman1974's cab with the raptor sprayed on and it looked great so I'm going to run with it as well. After cleaning up the core support, I removed the "pinch" folds on the top rail of the support. I cut some of the material out and hammered down the pinch for a nice clean look. I hope to get the cab in primer/raptor by the end of the month.
Attached Images

2003 Tahoe Stock
1985 K5 5.3LS/4L60E|8Lug 4:56|3/4 Ton Front|14BFF Rear|Roll Cage|Dove-tailed & Bobbed
loudchevy is offline   Reply With Quote