View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #1511
78BO

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaseghost View Post
got the windows tinted yesterday. 5% all around. gettin my windshield replaced next week and im gonna do the strip on the top. i had my sun visor in, so it seems darker that it really is. i dont have an a/c compressor yet, so i had to drive 7 miles through town with the windows up, it was 90 outside...
with all you intelligent guys on here, you think i can buf my paint and get some gloss, is there some kind of special compound for it? or should i just get it painted, remember, im ghetto cheap!
I hear you on the heat. The previous owner of mine took out the A/C because he couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t work. I did, it was a short. Any ways, that’s why I haven’t done my window yet.
As for the shine. I got a pretty good shine out of mine. All I did was buy a cheap buffer and a tub of regular compound. Apply the compound as heavy as you want. Then once it dries get a spray bottle of water and spray the water on it while you buff it. Basically you are wet sanding it, just not a abrasive as it would be with actual sand paper. Once your done then put a coat of wax on it. For the money it comes out pretty good in my opinion. Plus if you’re cheap like me you can take the buffer back once you’re done.