View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 09:22 AM   #73
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
Wow you do great work and fast! You said you plan lots then go and work, I do the same I plan wile at work then go home and work lol.
What is the reason for 4 bags at the back?
Nice YJ, my CJ5 was my first vehicle and I still have it.
You say you won't drive low but you will lol. In my GMC in traffic I air down to 1/2" off the ground and skate along, if I hit the gas or brake it touches the ground.
Glad you figured out your height without to much trouble.
You could just go by air pressure for ride height I find it works good.
Style does always win but sometimes function dictates.
This is my Jeep
[ATTACH]2077414[ATTACH]
glad i'm not the only one to play on both sides of the lifted vs lowered fence. stock sux maybe i'll see ya on the trail some time.

so the 4 bags are kind of a try it and see for me, basically they are helper load bags that won't get used much. i chose these bags for the 2.8" min height (actually more like 3.5"), and the 600psi restrained max so i never had to worry about it. they are also small to deflate quicker than my last huge rolling sleeve. but the load rating was only a max of 3055lbs at 100psi.
well the rear axle has a load rating higher than that at 7500lbs. plus they would be at a load disadvantage being on the trailing arm. i'd get more load closer to the axle, more travel further away. then i started thinking about load vs spring rate, tuning on the fly, and how much better my current GMC 2500 is with the helper bags while towing. so i just designed it all in and we'll see if it was worth it bonus dream: what if i ever wanted to build a flat-bed to put the jeep on the back then tow the airstream?

while there is some form over function in this truck, i still plan to "daily it" (split with the jeep) and tow a 28ft, 10,000lb trailer often enough. jeep has to get to the trail somehow!! did i mention stock sux?
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote