View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 07:21 PM   #23
hemi43

Re: Wheel Spacers - Good thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
OK Hemi, you convinced me, I'll switch from spacers to adapters, any company you recommend, posted by another t&d guy with 50 years OJT
I made my own for a couple reasons. One is that all this stuff is made in China out of crap material. Most of the ones I've seen look like they were machined from billet stock material, but in actual fact they are made from castings machined to dupe the consumer into thinking it's a quality product. I can't recommend a manufacturer, but you will get what you pay for. I would stick with an American company that guarantees they use 6061-T6.
The other reason I made my own is that they don't make a 6 bolt adapter for my Blazer because I upgraded my studs to 1/2-20. All I could find were adapters with the stock 7/16 studs or the newer 14mm studs which wouldn't fit.

It might be difficult to convert from spacers to adapters because usually the spacers are thin. The minimum thickness of an adapter to use IMO should be at least 1" thick. Anything thinner I wouldn't trust.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote