View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #41
VA72C10
VA72C10

Thumbs up Re: 1970 VA Longbed Project

FINALLY progress

Plans have changed on the truck and now it will be more of a Rat Rod/Shop truck with a little bling

I'm going to have it painted a satin black and it will have chrome 20's, a 5/7 drop, and all new exterior chrome.

Plans changed again... ......full on show truck. Airbags,shaved almost everything, custom leather interior, 5 lug, 4 wheel cross drilled discs, smooth firewall, A/C etc....

I have given up on the idea of me doing all the work and have taken it to a local guy who I found on Craigslist. He works on projects and bikes on the side and does good work from what I've seen so far. Truck has been over at his house for just a few days and it's looking better already.

I've also been over working on taking off parts and getting things ready for body work/paint.

Here are a few pictures
When I brought her over

Door inside corner needing work

Door inside corner being worked on. Watched him make a template, cut it, bend it on the english wheel and weld it in. Cool process and good education for my next build. I will try to tackle more if time permits. Will take finished pictures the next time over.

Front side of door he already patched. Looked in the door and there is no other rust so that's a good thing.

Welded up holes for last mirrors

Welded up holes for original mirrors...thought PO had done that..but he'd put caulk in the hole then bondo'd over it

Last edited by VA72C10; 10-11-2009 at 12:54 AM.
VA72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote