View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #74
scoyote

Re: '72 Frame Up Rebuild

Thought I would dust off this thread with an update.

We have made progress but still lots to do.

Wiring is tedious work....glad I'm not doing it ;-)

Engine compartment is pretty much done except for small stuff like mounting the horn, radiator overflow.....stuff like that.

I'm going to go ahead and install electric fans at this stage of the build and a dual battery setup......just to have that stuff done.

I won't be hard wheeling this thing until the "new" wears off of it but I will be in the hills on trails.....but nothing hard and no scratches.....not yet.

Here is a photo of it coming back from some touch up paint/body work and another one of the engine compartment.

I've installed the weather stripping, all the exterior lights (except front) so it's starting to get that finished look.

Still waiting on the tailgate but hopefully we will have this thing ready to start this week so we can get exhaust installed and take it to the dyno to get it tuned and a chip burnt for it.

I'm thinking FlowMaster 40 series for mufflers.

I don't want it "loud".....but I do like a healthy rumble.....is this the right muffler?

Still have steering wheel to pick out and after we get the exterior and drive train.....it's interior time......
Attached Images

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.

Last edited by scoyote; 08-03-2009 at 10:40 AM.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote