View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #95
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: My Luxurious late model truck (not so much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjeff View Post
I could be mistaken, but it seems like that rear bushing is the same as a 2 WD output shaft bushing. Great build thread! Thank you.
I'm gonna have to do some digging to find out. The transmission shop was sold out of the bushing. GM no longer makes it. I ordered one from Rockauto but it's too small O.D. Google searching for "NP241 output bushing" shows a bunch of threads on various boards where guys have a tough time finding this thing. Lots of guys said they bought the one that was supposed to work but it had too small of an O.D. like mine does. I'm going to research it more fully tonight after I shower and eat dinner.

I just noticed I forgot to show pictures of the rear bearing housing installed.

This is the fail prone snap ring spot and the updated no-fail snap ring installed.

Now I just need to get that last bushing and install it into the tail housing, install the rear seal, and bolt the tail housing on and the entire unit will be ready to install. The last thing I did this afternoon was to tidy up all of the transfer case wiring harness under the truck and degrease and clean the crossmember.

I'm not really in too big of a rush since I'm gonna have to buy about 100 dollars worth of u-joints for the two driveshafts. That will have to wait till next payday.

Last edited by Tx Firefighter; 05-29-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote