View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #49
Dan in Pasadena

Re: 1959 Fleetside Short Bed Project

I would also say if you want to get lower to wait til the engine, trans and all fluids are in it - then drive a bit to let everything settle.

If it's STILL too tall for you skip all the shenanigans with flipping the main leaf or screwing with the spring mounting pad and just go with Posie's Super Sliders. They offer up to 3" lowering (I think) BUT remember that dimension is from original stock height and your stock springs have ALREADY settled inches since new.

Having said all this, why go through all this work and expense and later lose it all by switching to IFS? I was going to do exactly the same you're doing until I realized the cost of the dropped straight axle, Super Sliders and power steering kit would almost be the same as a good quality IFS kit.

PS: My engine is an LQ4. Is yours or an LQ9? Mine's from a 2011 (if I remember right) N Series Isuzu delivery van and has the 4l85e trans behind it.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote