View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 11:20 AM   #39
70cst

Re: Which is best for thermal protection of your starter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I see you like to sprinkle sarcasm onto your heap of skeptical assumption. The purpose, in case you didn't know, of this forum is just this type of thing. Forum, look it. It's not a tech manual. Have you ever sat down and gathered just how many people have been helped with their truck issues in the years this message board has existed by doing just what 70 CST has done here? Do you think everyone here has the mechanical/diagnostic knowhow that you have? Would it have been possible for you to have posted your exact same message in a friendly helpful way, as if talking to a friend?

"70 CST, What I would suggest before buying anything is do a starting system diagnostic rundown. Lots of good suggestions here for what your issue might possibly be. If you decide to diagnose yourself, you have great information to work with. I'd suggest you start with checking..."
Thanks, Special-K
The replies have been helpful.
I believe the issue is the overheating of the Solenoid ... after the no start issue happens - I can set for about 5-10 minutes and the truck will start right up. I am leaning towards installing a remote solenoid that Getter-Done recommended.
Thanks Again.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote