View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #2561
Bull72

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Okay...This thread seems to be turning into a build thread. I apologize. But I love the thread for other reasons.....

Today, I almost killed myself putting the other inner on (pass side). Even though I used stock parts, I guess after all the years, each truck develops it's own geometry.
I was by myself today in the 97 degree heat rolling around outside the shop where I have the front clip on saw horses. Not a pretty sight. I came home and slept for three hours.

Tip: When installing new/repop/used inners, if you see you need a couple of new body clips....Don't think you can get to 'em (at least "easily")
*after* you've started the front and rear bolts.

Speaking of not fitting, I bought $350 worth of **** for the door panels from LMC. They shorted me three eschoens (sp.) , the rubber deals that keep the handles
from rubbing on the door panels). And, because of the drilling and refitting, etc. I only got one of the two done. But I think it came out okay.

Here's a couple of shots.
If you do decide to post your whole build here then so be it... keep the pictures coming!!!! We love it!!!

My mini build (I had a great starting point)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=440743